Deciding whether to build a two-storey house or a single-storey could be a lot tricky. It is because of the concept that a single-storey house may need lesser budget than the two-storey because it is actually smaller. But isn’t this the contrary? Well, only experts and experienced builders can give the answer.
So, how do you choose one over the other? Aside from your personal opinion on whether you prefer a double-storey house because you want an upper level veranda or you are excited of the idea that you climb stairs to go to the upper floor — there are some practical advantages to building a double-storey. and limitations to both. So, let us look at the advantages of building a two-storey house.
This article tells you some of the advantages of a two-storey house:
Advantages of Two Story Homes
- Cost less per square foot to build. That’s because the most expensive elements of home-building — excavation/foundation and rafters/roof installation — are being built on a smaller footprint. Plus, you’ll have less roof area to maintain.
- More fuel efficient. You’ll save fuel because, per square foot, less outdoor wall and roof area are exposed to the weather.
- Less distance utilities travel. You’ll save money (and potential headaches) because plumbing and wiring have less distance to travel.
- Better views. When you are tree-height, your views are better.
- Larger outdoor space. Since you are taking up less land space for the house, you’ll have more of it for outdoor living areas.
- More versatile design. There are more attachment points in a two-story house for porches, connectors and bump-outs for either now or in the future.
- Privacy. The upstairs bedrooms are more private, especially if you build in a neighborhood. If you have children, you’ll appreciate the second-floor bedrooms feature when your kids grow into teenagers.
If you like this design and would like to request for the floor plan, you may contact us by leaving your comment here. Our architects will be very glad to have you assisted. We post different designs every day which you can your for your inspiration or preferences. You can browse through our other designs and contact us if you need further assistance.
You may want to check our other websites as well. You can click the following hyperlinks and you will be redirected to the websites. Please, enjoy. Thank you!