One of the most interesting projects today is a pallet bed. More and more people are switching from the conventional bed frames to a more economical pallet bed.
A pallet bed comes from a pallet or a structural foundation commonly used for handling and storing goods. These pallets are used as a bottom deck for goods and other materials. They are used as storage systems and by transport vehicles.
Since these pallets are used to secure and store goods and other materials, they are made durable and can last for several years. This is why pallets are gaining popularity and are being used as furniture materials. They are turned into almost every kind of furniture, from coffee tables, dining tables, desks, closets, and the most popular one: as a pallet bed. But if you are looking for the best beds online then we would suggest you to visit this site as they have great variety of beds including fabric upholstered, crushed velvet wingback beds.
If you want to make a DIY bedroom furniture, you are in the right place! Here are interesting pallet bed ideas that are not only good to look at, they are also easy to make!
DIY Pallet Bed Ideas
Home decorating can be very expensive. But with just a little effort, you can make a bed which is inexpensive yet fascinating and creative to look at.
Here are pallet bed ideas you can incorporate in your bedroom:
Tips When Using a Pallet Bed
- Look for pallets that are heat treated, kiln dried or steam treated as they are much safer to use.
- If you want to make a queen size bed, use four pallets. This will also give you enough room around the edges for storing items.
- Do you want to make your bed extra cozy? Add a pretty rug or carpet underneath the bed.
- Place a comfortable mattress on top. A spring bed is ideal as it gives good support to your body.
- If you choose to paint your bed, make sure you dust them down before you begin to paint them. If you want a more finished look, use a spray paint but if you want it to look more rustic, apply a whitewash paint with a brush first.
Now that you have your own pallet bed, make sure to make it as your own! Use an all-white bedding to make the whole place look clean or use bright colors for that edgy look. Your options are limitless!
Have you made a pallet before or do you want to give it a try?